100 kilometres, whatever the April weather!
The first preparation “round” tour – the OuterRuhrChallenge (ORC) – sets off on 28 April 2019 at 8 am. The 100-kilometre ORC corresponds to the first 50 kilometres of the Ruhr2NorthSeaChallenge (there and back), is fully paved and suitable for any kind of bike. Racing bikes will take a slightly different route to avoid frequent bends and bumpy road sections as far as possible; for all other cyclists, experiencing nature and culture will be a major focal point. To minimise risks, the route will be exclusively on bike paths and small roads and wearing helmets is mandatory. There are 3 service points along the route providing food, drinks, WCs and other services. The breakfast buffet will be served at the Restaurant Schloss Raesfeld; we will be eating lunch alongside the Regattabahn.
- 3 service points (0, 50, 100 km)
- Plenty of food and drinks (breakfast buffet, energy bars, snacks, drinks [also isotonic], lunch with free drink at the destination)
- Registration documents by postal mail
- e-Bike charging station at 50 km
- R2NSC route in GPX file format
- R2NSC app (for navigation and more)
- My Tours website (for team building etc.)
- Finishing certificate
Entry fee, number of participants, deadline
59 euros, 200 participants, registration deadline 31/03/2019.
Registration in our shop.
The starting places are not transferable for legal reasons. We recommend a starting place insurance. This can be booked via Hanse-Mercur , for example. You will find detailed information here.
Start time, start and destination locations
The OuterRuhrChallenge 2019 starts and ends at the MSV Schauinsland-Reisen-Arena in Duisburg. The event starts on Sunday, 28 April 2019 at 8 am.